Monday 5 August 2013

Review: Mamas and Papas Classic Baby Carrier

With my first child, Eoin, I never considered a baby carrier - he was quite happy to be pushed everywhere in his pram or play on his mat and was pretty content. However, Luna is definitely a clingy baby. By clingy, I mean put her down and she screams. Put her in a bouncy chair, she screams. As you can image this meant I was getting nothing done around the house unless she was asleep (which is never), or struggling with one arm while the other was wrapped around a baby.

I'd heard from a few people that the best thing for a clingy baby would be a baby carrier - it meant Luna could still be close to me but I could also be hands free to do things around the house - a win-win situation. I shopped around before settling on a classic black carrier from Mamas and Papas, mainly because I've bought things from there before and I know the quality is pretty good. Although not cheap (this retails at £62 on their website), I thought at least if I gave it a go and if she didn't like it I could return in.

The first thing I noticed when I got this out the box was how complicated it looked. The carrier itself comes in two parts - a 'backpack' style harness, which obviously goes on your back, and the section which holds baby which clips onto the harness. Sounds complicated, however the instructions were really easy and after a few gos I could get this on and off no bother.






The only thing I struggle with is fastening the side clips onto the harness where her legs are. Luna's not blessed with the smallest of legs, and sometimes I feel like I'm squeezing them in order to clip the carrier on. However, that said she never complains. The only other thing I would say is that although this says it's suitable from birth I really wouldn't recommend it until baby can hold her head up by herself. When walking, Luna's head would bobble all over the place at first - meaning I had to hold it, and completely undermining the point of having a carrier.




Luna loves this carrier, and it's honestly a pleasure to carry her in. Granted after a while my back starts to hurt (but then carrying anything around on your front or back for an hour would), but it's a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be. It's also great to have in the car in case the other half forgets the pram (or more likely goes to work with the pram in the car) so I can still get out and about. Plus having the option to put her forward or backwards facing is great (especially with a nosey baby).


You can buy the same carrier here for £62.


No comments:

Post a Comment