Wednesday 21 August 2013

What's In My Changing Bag?

I know this is quite a common feature on blogs, but I'm really nosy and like looking at what's inside other people's bags. If only to help stem the fear that my bag is not in fact the only bottomless pit of toys/baby wipes and miscellaneous rubbish.


My bag is a 3 year old Pink Lining Yummy Mummy bag. I got it when I was pregnant with baby no. 1, and I think the main appeal was the lovely thick changing mat that came with it. I still haven't found a changing bag since that has a padded mat with it, plus I love the pattern (cupcakes!). I think at the time this bag was part of Pink Lining's 'Winter' collection, and although no longer available, you can get very similar bags here.They're of a lovely quality, and come with some great little features such as 4 insulated bottle pockets, and a dummy attachment so dummies won't get lost at the bottom of the bag. It also has a button fastening on the two shorter handles so you can attach it to your pram handle.


So...what exactly is in my bag? Well...here's a picture...


Lots and lots of rubbish. Ha.

Ok, so actually I have most things that a mum has;
  • padded changing mat
  • baby wipes and nappies
  • nappy bags
  • mini pot of sudocream
  • anti-bac gel
  • bibs (Luna is especially drool-ey at the moment, I think she's teething early)
  • spare change of clothes (for emergency sick/bum accidents)
  • hat
  • purse
  • suncream (doubt I'll need this now summer is over!)
  • red book for dr's appointments, injections, weigh ins.
I also have random toys and receipts. If we're going somewhere far away, or for a long period of time I'll also have a few bottles in the side pockets as well as dummies, toys for baby no. 1, Sophie the Giraffe etc.


God, I'm so sad but I do genuinely love my changing bag. It's seen me through two babies with ease, and I'm contemplating using it even after it's redundant. Ha. What's in your changing bag? Am I missin anything you'd class as essential?

No comments:

Post a Comment